*Request form located in the attachment
Guidelines and Instructions
Preferred aliases for k12.hi.us Google accounts must adhere to the following guidelines and formats:
· can contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), dashes (-), underscores (_), apostrophes ('), and periods (.);
· cannot contain ampersands (&), equal signs (=), brackets (<,>), plus signs (+), commas (,), or more than one period (.) in a row;
· can begin or end with non-alphanumeric characters except periods (.);
· can be no longer than 64 characters;
· cannot already be in use by another employee/account;
· should still be able to identify the employee;
· should include the last name of the employee (unless being changed due to a life event).
1. Download the request form from the Hawaii Department of Education Google Information Site:
2. Complete the form.
3. Obtain the approval of your school/office administrator (e.g., principal, director, CAS, AS, etc.) by having your administrator sign the form.
4. Submit the request via ServiceNow at help.hidoe.org by creating an incident ticket and uploading the completed/signed form.
You will be notified when the preferred alias is created and is in effect in your Google account. In the event, the preferred alias you are requesting is already in use, you will be contacted to identify another preferred alias.